What is Slow Food Urban San Diego?
“Slow food” is an idea, a way of living and a way of eating. It is a global, grassroots movement with thousands of members around the world that links the pleasure of food with a commitment to community and the environment. Slow Food Urban San Diego is a local chapter, or convivia, of the national organization Slow Food USA, and its parent organization Slow Food International.
- Raising public awareness, improving access and encouraging the enjoyment of foods that are local, seasonal and sustainably grown
- Caring for the land and protecting biodiversity for today’s communities and future generations
- Performing educational outreach within our communities and working with children in schools and through public programs
- Identifying, promoting and protecting fruits, vegetables, grains, animal breeds, wild foods and cooking traditions at risk of disappearing
- Advocating for farmers, fishers and artisans who grow, produce, market, prepare and serve wholesome food
- Promoting the celebration of food as a cornerstone of pleasure, culture and community
As the Communications Co-Chair, I handle all social media content, as well as photography. For more questions and how to get involved email me at: